Today’s Happenings

Today was one of those days where you look back at who you were when you first woke up and feel bad for that person.

Although I slept in much later than I’d plan, and typically spend a few hours getting over that when it happens, I was pretty optimistic. I had planned to spend the day with my mom, getting some help watching my 5 month-old, Quinn, and shopping. It turned out that I ended up going about my day on my own, crossing quite a few less things off my todo list than I’d planned and soothing a grumpy little teether. But I did get to have breakfast with my mom and spend a little time with her.

Once we got home, Q refused to go down for a nap after 45 minutes of rocking and nursing. I really would like to try sleep training, maybe using a gentle version of the Ferber Method, but the more research I read, the less I think I can really do that. Is it just me, or does it seem like a really huge mistake to make if it really does impact your child’s self-esteem later in life? But there are really smart moms, and really well-developed confident children, on both sides of the argument? So I’m not sure. All I know is that nursing to sleep, at least for naps, may not work much longer.

I tried again to put her down and she fell asleep. Not long after I finally got her down for a nap, the toilet wouldn’t flush. That’s usually an indication that our building is having serious plumbing problems. We live in an older complex that near the river and nice, but many of the condos, like ours, have issues that newer buildings don’t. Including this issue.

While she was asleep, I was able to make a quiche, which I’d wanted to for a long time, even though I couldn’t find my quiche pan. I used a glass Pyrex instead and it turned out pretty great. Once Q woke up from her nap, I was done with a few things and felt productive. Then she and I played for awhile and watched The Office.


While waiting for the plumber, I tried to put Q down for the night and it took a very long time again.

Eventually, the plumbers came out and Q went to sleep. Days like this make me think of how often we’re blindsided by small problems in life. But there is so much that’s positive that we can focus on instead.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fasting from the Chaos

Life Goals