Life Goals

I suck at so many things. Honestly, I've tried them all and that's how I know. 

Often, this is the first thought I have in the morning. And while I know self-confidence is a struggle for most of us, it doesn't keep me from self-loathing and wishing I was a better human. Some mornings I can't shake it and everything I mess up throughout the day becomes ammunition against myself. 


That's been especially true lately. 


But today, while I was listening to a random song on one of my Spotify daily mixes, I heard the words There's a war that's raging over me and I paused what I was doing because I was sure I'd heard that somewhere before. Then I realized it was all throughout scripture. War is waged between Good and Evil and the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour (1 Pet 5:8) and we should put on a special type of figurative armor in order to fight the good fight of faith (Eph 6:11-17; 1 Tim 6:12)


And what is the reason for the war? I am. 


If these great forces are constantly at odds over influence in my life, doesn't this prove I have some sort of value? This value is beyond my skillset, my education or intellect, more than my personality or beauty or my perceived ability to be loved. It is simply because I am wonderfully made and delicately pieced together. Every moment of my life was planned, even before I was conceived (Ps. 139). 


I think this is why I wanted to create this blog. Just like everyone else, I struggle to find my value and my place in the world, but I'm constantly reminded by the little joys in each day that I am worthy of love and loved beyond measure. I want to be better about finding the beauty around me as the gift that it is. 

My hope is to navigate through my life, finding joy in the simple. I'm just a wife, new mom, teacher, friend and a follower of Christ. But I hope to be an encourager and fellow-sojourner through the world and its challenges alongside many others I meet in this space. 

Among my other faults, I write run-on sentences and overuse commas. I will require a lot of grace from my readers. Thank you in advance. 

Ash

P.S. The song I referenced is Right Where You Want Me by Sarah Reeves and it's pretty great. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fasting from the Chaos

Today’s Happenings